WinRed is a non-connected PAC
- FEC ID C00694323
- Address: PO BOX 9891 ARLINGTON, VA 22219
- WinRed is a PAC that distributes earmarked contributions to candidates and committees. The contributor information is provided via reports.
WinRed Technical Services LLC is the technology vendor
- Address: 1776 WILSON BLVD, Suite 530 ARLINGTON, VA 22219
- All processing fees are disbursed to WinRed Technical Services LLC
Please note that this is not legal advice, so you should consult with your counsel and compliance team when filing reports, but this will help get you going in the right direction
Recipient Committees Reporting Earmarked Receipts for Compliance
All contributions received from WinRed are earmarked contributions through WinRed PAC. An earmarked contribution from WinRed must be reported by both the conduit and the recipient committee.
The recipient of an earmarked contribution has a reporting obligation if the earmarked contributions received from a single conduit exceed $200 in an election cycle. In that case, on Schedule A, the authorized committee must:
- Identify the conduit by name and address (and occupation and employer if the conduit is an individual)
- Report the date of receipt and total amount of earmarked contributions received from that conduit
- Itemize the original contributions from each individual whose total contributions to the committee aggregate over $200 per election cycle (including the full name, mailing address, occupation and employer of the contributor, the amount earmarked and the date the conduit received the contribution).
Recipient Committees Reporting Conduit Transaction Fees
The gross contribution from the conduit contributor should be reported on the correct line item schedule A of the report as outlined above.
WinRed Technical Services LLC deducts a processing fee from each conduit. Those corresponding fees should be reported as a disbursement on schedule B as an operating expense. For candidates and committees filing on Form 3, fees should go on line 17. For PACs and Party Committees filing on form 3X fees should be reported on line 21b.
For reporting purposes, WinRed Technical Services LLC’s address is: 1776 Wilson Blvd, Suite 530 Arlington, VA 22219